Stir Fry Cabbage Wok
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 150 g whole-grain rice
- 1 onion
- ½ head white or pointed cabbage
- 200g carrots
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sichuan pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- as needed scallions
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper, pan fry with 1-2 tbsp oil, and set omelette aside.
- Slice onions, cabbage, and carrots.
- Chop scallions.
- Cut omelette into small slices.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and sauté onion until golden.
- Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and optionally Sichuan pepper.
- Stir in sauce and mix well.
- Reintroduce cut omelette slices and chopped scallions.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Optionally, drizzle some sesame oil and/or (homemade) furikake on top.