Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies
- 600 g sweet potatoes or Hokkaido pumpkin
- 200 g dates (if necessary soak in water a few hours beforehand if they are relatively dry – dates of the soft "Medjool" variety are best suited without soaking beforehand)
- 80 g ground almonds
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- optional: chopped walnuts or cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces. If the pumpkin is chosen as an alternative, it does not have to be peeled.
- Bring water to a boil in a pan and cook sweet potatoes or pumpkin in it.
- Pour off the water and put the sweet potato or pumpkin together with the dates in a blender and puree smoothly.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Then mix everything together well with both hands.
- Then place the dough in a baking pan lined with baking paper, at best rectangular and small (the larger the form, the flatter the brownies).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- If no dough sticks to the blade when you insert a knife, the brownies are ready and the oven can be switched off.
- Let them cool for at least 10-15 minutes before removing them from the baking pan.
- Cut into rectangular pieces.
- The brownies keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days.