Sweet Garlic Salmon
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 150 g quinoa or rice
- 2 salmon fillets (each 200 g), skin-on
- 1 pinch salt & black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut, maple or rice syrup
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 150 g French beans
- as needed parsley
- Cook quinoa or rice according to the package instructions.
- Season the surface of the salmon with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Steam French beans or cook shortly in boiling water.
- Mix the syrup, water, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Chop peeled garlic and parsly.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan on high heat.
- Pan-fry the salmon, skin side down first, for about 1 minute.
- Flip the salmon and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn it over again so the skin side is at the bottom.
- Add the garlic into the pan, sauté until slightly browned.
- Add the sauce to the pan, reduce the sauce until it's sticky.
- Top the salmon with parsley and serve immediately with quinoa and French beans.