Buddha Bowl with baked Tofu and Edamame
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 150 g whole grain rice
- 250 g tofu
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 100g edamame, shelled
- ½ head pointed or red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 4 tbsp nut butter (e.g. almond, peanut) or tahini
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 40 ml oat cuisine or coconut milk
- Cut tofu into cubes, place in a bowl, and toss with soy sauce, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the seasoned tofu cubes on the tray and bake for 30 minutes. Flip once half way through.
- Slice cabbage, place on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes until starting to brown and crisp.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Use a peeler to cut carrot into thin strips.
- Bring water to a boil and use a metal colander to steam shelled edamame.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Divide rice, carrots, edamame, cabbage, and tofu into bowls and drizzle a generous serving of sauce on top.