Italian Buddha Bowl
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 200 g spinach leaves (or kale)
- 150 g brown rice
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 g pitted olives
- 1 orange
- 220 g kidney beans, cooked
- ½ red onion
- ½ bunch fresh basil
- ½ lemon, organic
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt&pepper
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cook kidney beans or let (kidney beans from glass jar) drain in a colander.
- Juice the lemon. Optionally, grate the zest and use it, too.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- For the dressing, mix lemon juice (and grated zest) with minced garlic, dijon mustard and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Season with salt&pepper.
- Peel and segment the oranges.
- Dice the red onion, chop the sun-dried tomatoes and basil, and halve the olives.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl together with the cooked rice and dressing and combine. Season to taste.
- Enjoy your meal!