Buddha Bowl with Beetroot and Zucchini Cream
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 220 g chickpeas, cooked
- 150 g quinoa
- 2 beetroot tubes
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cucumber
- as needed chives
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ zucchini
- as needed green onions (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- If not precooked, cook chickpeas with previous soaking overnight.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook beetroot tubers with water in a saucepan.
- For the sauce, cut zucchini, chop green onions, peel garlic and blend with remaining sauce ingredients in a blender.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of olive oil and/or water.
- Slice red onion, cucumber and chop chives.
- Peel cooked beetroot and slice.
- Divide quinoa into bowls, add chickpeas, vegetables, and a dollop of sauce to serve.
- For an extra source of protein, cook or poach eggs.